img. from the video by Europeana.
The “Europeana in your classroom: building 21st century competences with digital cultural heritage” MOOC run in 2019 to improve teacher’s understanding of Cultural Heritage in order to efficiently integrate cultural heritage into their lessons and practices, regardless of the subject they usually teach. The course has concluded, although its content remains available for perusal.
The MOOC was particularly dedicated to:
- Understanding why it is important to integrate European cultural heritage in education
- Learning how to use Europeana Collections to teach their subjects
- Learning how to navigate the Europeana Collections website
- Exploring and becoming familiarized with the various Europeana apps, tools and materials
- Learning how to build learning activities using Europeana Collections resources
Additionally to the course, this MOOC offered a selection of tested classroom activities and resources from different European countries to empower primary and secondary teachers in introducing cultural heritage in the classroom and help them reflect on their own practices.
VISIT THE PAGE OF THE MOOC TO ACCESS THE MODULES: https://www.europeanschoolnetacademy.eu/web/europeana-in-your-classroom-building-21st-century-competences-with-digital-cultural-heritage-rerun-/