PHOTOCONSORTIUM builds upon a wealth of knowledge and expertise from its members: important archives, research centers, universities and memory institutions, as well as experienced technical partners and SMEs.
Among the services available for PHOTOCONSORTIUM members there are:
- Consultancy services for the preservation, transmission and communication of photographic heritage, specially exploiting ICT tools in the digital era
- Technical infrastructure and dedicated personalised assistance to publish photographic content in Europeana, the European digital library
- Dedicated personal assistance for multilingual databases
- Equipment renting and professional services for the digitisation of photographic heritage collections
- Training programs on a wide range of topics specifically relating to photographic heritage and digital heritage management, also on-line and via e-learning platforms
- Consultancy and IPR support, especially regarding management of Public Domain and Orphan Works
- Organisation of exhibitions around photographic heritage: from idea to creation, including exhibition management and venue finding services.
- Organisation of all kind of events around photographic heritage (contests, seminars, congresses, etc.)
- Provision of images or other content for commercial use
Joining PHOTOCONSORTIUM means you will be included in a network of top-class partners that are leading the Historical photography sector in Europe, with access to specialized services related to the re-use and enhancement of photographic heritage.