The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 10th edition
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest was established on December 22, 2014 by Rossiya Segodnya under the patronage of the Russian Federation’s Commission for UNESCO. The Stenin Contest is the only competition in Russia that discovers new names in international photojournalism and develops quality standards for documentary photography. The contest is aimed at supporting young photo journalists aged 18 to 33 in their striving for top professionalism.
This year the contest celebrates its 10th anniversary.
The contest offers young photo journalists an opportunity to make their concerns known. The main themes of the contest include global humanitarian challenges, national identity, social equality and the environment.
The number of contest participants and the countries they come from has been growing every year. The contest itself is gaining popularity also thanks to the exhibitions of the winning entries, which have become an integral part of the event. They have been held in dozens of countries, including China, South Africa, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Lebanon, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Hungary and Poland.
The entries will be accepted on https://stenincontest.com/ until 15 th of March, 2024 in Russian, English and Chinese.
- Top News – one photo image/series of images
- Sports – one photo image
- My Planet – one photo image/series of images
- Portrait. A Hero of Our Time – one photo image/series of images
- Top View – one photo image
Participating countries: Any
Tell a story, submit your entry!
- Grand Prix – RUB 700,000 (seven hundred thousand)/about USD 9,000.
- First Place for one photo image/series of images in each category – RUB 125,000/about USD 1300.
- Second Place for one photo image/series of images in each category – RUB
100,000/about USD 1100.
- Third Place for one photo image/series of images in each category – RUB 75,000/about USD 900.
Contest Sponsors may also offer additional prizes.