As the cultural heritage sector faces unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the question of its digital transformation is more relevant than ever. We are delighted to announce that PHOTOCONSORTIUM will be part of a special series of workshops organized by Europeana addressing this topic and exploring capacity building for the cultural heritage sector.
Europeana works to empower the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation, and the COVID-19 crisis has made the need to embrace this transformation clearer than ever. Beginning in early June, Europeana is offering selected groups of leaders in the cultural heritage sector the opportunity to participate in a free series of 3 workshops facilitated by noted digital cultural strategists Michael Peter Edson and Jasper Visser.
PHOTOCONSORTIUM is participating in representation of the network of its members, for enabling knowledge transfer and capacity building across public institutions and private organizations in the photographic heritage sector.
The outcomes of the workshops will be made available to the entire community.
The workshops will support participants to:
- Develop strategic thinking around digital transformation that will support work at an institutional level.
- Contribute to a broader discussion about digital transformation in the cultural heritage sector in a (post-)COVID-19 world.
- Generate and share actionable insights and identify new paths through the COVID-19 crisis for digital culture.
- Enhance our mutual capacity for longer-term planning beyond the immediate crisis.
- Gain new perspectives from working with your peers and experts in digital cultural heritage.
These workshops form part of an ongoing process from the Europeana Initiative which aims to understand the needs of the cultural heritage sector with regards to capacity building in the context of digital transformation.