img. from Europeana website.
Online wokshop series organized by Europeana, 29 November – 13 December – 10 January.
Do you want to help shape the thinking on how the cultural sector embraces Digital Transformation? Do you have your own views about the challenges and opportunities digital brings? Can you help us shape our plan of action?
We would like to invite you to participate in one of the three open online consultation workshops held by the Europeana Digital Transformation Task Force. This is the first cross initiative taskforce for Europeana and couldn’t come at a more important time as we all face the challenges of surviving and thriving in the pandemic.
Understanding digital transformation and knowing how to build the digital capacity of individuals, organisations and networks is not simple. People’s understanding of the issues is defined in part by their own digital literacy, confidence and maturity, which for many working in the sector is still low. Added to this, the sector faces other multifaceted and complex challenges.
Each of the three consultation workshops will last for 2.5 hours and will be facilitated by Jane Finnis and Anra Kennedy from Culture24. The workshops have been shaped by the newly formed task force as a way to gather wider input from the sector, and to inform the creation of a digital transformation action plan (the main output of the DT Taskforce).
- Workshop 1. Monday 29th November 2021 – 3.30pm and 6pm CET.
- Workshop 2. Monday 13th December 2021 -3.30pm and 6pm CET.
- Workshop 3. Monday 10th January 2021 – 3.30pm and 6pm CET.
The consultation workshops are open to anyone who wants to participate. You can sign up to take part in one or more workshops by filling out the form below. All workshops will take place in Zoom and details will be shared with participants a week in advance. The workshop will be run in English but there is flexibility for some break out sessions to be in other languages depending on the makeup of the group and availability of a bilingual facilitator.
The Initiative wide digital transformation task force consists of 8 members:
- Rob Davies and Vera Kriezi (Europeana Network Association)
- Kerstin Arnold and Chiara Latronico (Europeana Aggregators Forum)
- Marta Peinador and Susanna Anas (Independent members)
- Ariadna Matas and Sebastiaan ter Burg (Europeana Foundation)
The task force have taken on the task of producing an action plan for adoption across Europeana Initiative stakeholders that includes:
- Recommendations for activities to support and guide the sector
- Recommendations for the future of the DT Taskforce and the possibility of a longer term working group to continue to support this work
- Recommendations on the assessment and measurement of digital transformation
- A review of the current definition of digital transformation
They recognise the need for a united approach and a clear plan of action to help us understand how to harness the potential that digital transformation offers.
Sign up using the form on this page: