A new project co-financed by the European Union under the CEF Connecting Europe Facility Programme, focused on tangible and intangible heritage of cultural communities.
Project duration: 1 April 2021 – 30 September 2022
What this project is about
WEAVE will contribute to preserving for future generations the richness of the European identity and its cultural plurality. In particular, the project will aggregate over 5,000 new high-quality records to Europeana related to the rich and invaluable cultural heritage of minority cultural communities, and showcase these collections in a set of engaging editorials and a virtual exhibition. The project will carry out capacity building activities to develop a closer connection between cultural heritage institutions (CHIs), minority cultural communities and Europeana.
Additionally, WEAVE will develop a set of open and reusable tools which will employ a mix of AI, machine learning, natural language processing, big data analysis and innovative interface engineering. The toolkit will allow the management of annotations, semi-automatic recognition of specific gestures and movements and visualisation of performances and 3D models.
Finally, it will offer training, capacity building and guidelines with a focus on proper handling of immaterial cultural heritage and working with vulnerable and marginalised communities.
- IN2 Digital Innovations GmbH – Germany (coordinator)
- European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture e.V. – Germany
- PHOTOCONSORTIUM – International Consortium for Photographic Heritage – Italy
- Coventry University – United Kingdom
- CRDI – Ajuntament De Girona – Centre De Recerca I Difusió De La Imatge – Spain
- PédeXumbo – Associaçãon para a Promoção da Musica e da Dança – Portugal
- TOPFOTO – Topham Partners LLP – United Kingdom
- ARCTUR d.o.o. – Slovenia
- Universidade NOVA de Lisboa – Portugal
- Think Code Ltd. – Cyprus
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven- Belgium
- Stichting Europeana – The Netherlands