Pisa, 27-28 June 2022.
The annual event 2022 of Photoconsortium Association will be held as a physical meeting in Pisa, hosted at the beautiful premises of the Museo della Grafica in Palazzo Lanfranchi, on the banks of the river Arno.
The event is organized across two days and includes a dense programme of activities.
Monday 27th June 2022
h. 11: Partner meeting of the WEAVE project (partners only)
h. 14: General assembly of Photoconsortium members (members only)
- Presentation of activities 2021, including status of current projects
- Presentation of financial report 2021, and forecast for 2022
- Presenting our new members: Postscriptum, Cultureel Erfgoed Annuntiaten
- Presenting some new large projects at the Picture Collections of Finnish Heritage Agency: 1. “SIHA” a massive collection management and digitization project; 2. Collection management and digitalization of 2,5 million images of the Picture Archive of Newspaper and media house Hufvudstadsbladet
Social dinner (at the expense of the participants)
Tuesday 28th June 2022
h. 9.30 Conference “The role of photographic heritage in empowering communities’ participation in cultural heritage“, organized by the Citizen Heritage project
Programme of talks:
- Welcome (prof. Alessandro Tosi, University of Pisa)
- Citizen Heritage: a methodology for citizen participation and citizen science in cultural heritage research (prof. Fred Truyen, KU Leuven)
- Enriching the View of Bruges, crowdsourcing project (Alexander Soetart, City of Brugge)
- Schools’ photographic heritage as a tool for education – I2 Identity and Innovation project (Heleen Van den Haute, Heilig Hart Instituut; Ria Christens, CE Annuntianten; prof. Marta Brunelli, University of Macerata)
- WEAVE project: leveraging photographic heritage to support community engagement and virtual reappropriation of heritage (Antonella Fresa, Photoconsortium)
- Cataloguing large photo collections – is artificial intelligence unbiased? (Dr. Allison Kupietzky, The Israel Museum)
- Interactive co-creation session led by Sofie Taes KU Leuven / Photoconsortium
h. 14.00 Visit to Museo della Grafica and to the exhibition Golf. Immagini e storie di sport
h. 15.30 Partner meeting of the I2 Identity and Innovation project (partners only)
Hosted at and organized in collaboration with Museo della Grafica